Thursday, July 21, 2011

So What's Next?

The badminton tournament is finally over.

So much hard work. And it is over. 4 long days.

Today, the finals, what awesome matches. I really had no idea.

I became so inspired. By the match. It was such a high standard match that it really made me feel. Wow.

Our college's very own national player faced off against the male singles champion.

In the end, the male singles champion won.

But the match was so great that I was really... Astounded.

She (the national player) showed some really amazing skills.

What really impresses me is her clever use of mind games and feign shots.

A smash shot turns into a drop shot just in like that! *flicks finger*

Tactics, strategy, planning. Wow. Just wow.

I feel so inspired right now. By her energy and her fighting spirit.

There is definitely the champion's aura from her. I feel it.

Unfortunately she has stopped playing for a month. Design course. You know how it is.

But if she had consistently trained, I think today's match would have ended quite differently.

She told me her training used to consist of waking up in the morning, training until lunch, then sleep for an hour or two, then train till dinner, then after dinner train till sleep. Everyday.

That's the national level for you.

Jia Lin you are one very amazing girl. Never have I met another like yourself. So that is, a national player for you. No wonder she made it so far.

It's a pity she did not continue training, otherwise I think she doesn't even have to study.

So what do I do now?

I am the president of the Rotaract Club. Our first real event in years I would say. This badminton tournament really made some name for our club.

There is progress.

But now I must focus and think of the very next step.

What should I do?

I already have an idea or a picture of what I want to achieve. Time to start taking action to draw it.

Thank you Jia Lin, for you have shown me the way, indirectly, without even noticing it. While the fire burns hot within me, I will do what it takes to make it happen.

Am I tired? What? Jia Lin played such a tough match while I just sat and watch. I shouldn't be complaining about feeling tired.

It isn't just about smashing hard. It isn't just about dropping the shot. It's about timing and precision of those shots. Where it lands. How to catch your enemy off guard, making them think it is a smash but making it a drop shot. Perfection of strokes.

Okay. It's time to move. Time waits for no man.

.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment