Monday, September 12, 2011

Bulwark of the Ages

Heya! I'm going to update about something non-related to girls today :)

Not really like me eh? Haha! Well, there will always be time in the future for such posts, as for now, on to today's post

.
.
.

A few years back, I was a different guy. I was more immature, I was more rash, I was naive.

I had less control of my emotions.

It's the truth. I was one emotional dude.

Maybe because it was my teenage years. They say the hormones are raging.

On the other hand, I suppose I did do my part to make a change to my attitude, though there's still room for loads of improvement definitely :)

Lately, I realized how sometimes your words could hurt someone, even if it wasn't your intention.

I think everyone has had their fair share of problems like this.

But not everyone would apologize for it, because they feel it wasn't their fault, since they did not intend to hurt the other person.

Also, most people don't apologize because they feel it would make them look weak. Especially guys, they really hate apologizing. In public even more so.

When you take a step back and look at the bigger picture however, you ask yourself..

Is a friendship worth being jeopardized over these kind of misunderstandings?

No, in fact, it's actually a very small thing

but because no one wishes to apologize, and restore the friendship, things eventually go downhill and what could have been a long lasting friendship is gone just like that.

Something so small, became something so big, because no one wants to apologize and make up. Think about that.

It happened to me before. I lost a few friends this way. I learned a very valuable lesson about life. It's important to be brave enough and man enough to initiate the apology. If you don't do it, no one will.

In the end I sit down and ask myself... Was it worth losing a friend over these kind of things?

No. It wasn't worth it. So is it worth apologizing to restore friendships? Yes.

That's why now, I let my ego down and apologize whenever I can. It doesn't matter whose fault is it, a misunderstanding is a misunderstanding.

Blaming one another simply doesn't solve the problem. I've understood this.

Strangely I learn well through experience, but the price of experience is expensive. You lose valuable things along the way. Relationships, friendships. But I will not let it go to waste. All those things I've learned, I will use it properly.

On the plus side, I've learned to treat friends better. Much better than last time.

Even recently I offended a friend, though I didn't mean to. But I believe our friendship is valuable. It's not something worth losing.

It's hard for most people to do this. You need a lot of self esteem, otherwise you won't be able to apologize. People who have low self-confidence have a lot of trouble initiating apologies. High levels of ego is also another cause for not wanting to apologize.

I didn't care about face, friendship is more important. I was never concerned with my self-image or what others would think of me. I will be myself, no matter what happens :) So that's why for me, it is a little easier to apologize.

Your heart needs to become a shield that absorbs all negativity and turn it into positivity. Your heart must become a negative-to-positive energy converter.

That way, even when people tell you off, you will stay calm and not respond irrationally. Losing your temper only makes things worse when it comes to apologies and such.

Make your heart a shield. That shield is known as the bulwark of the ages, made from a wood called 'self-esteem'. It is rock hard, yet at the same time it will absorb the impact of the harsh words from others.

In that way, you will respond to other people's negative attacks with positive energy. Responding with negativity just multiplies it. Remember.

To me, the greatest example of positivity is the ability to respond to negativity with positivity.

So I will do so :) Since I am one of the few who are on the highly positive scale.

Sometimes I fail, but every time I fail I try again, and I become better. It's really the only thing keeping me going. Never giving up.

So far, it seems like I'm on the right track in life, may everyone's lives be filled with joy and happiness :)

And happy mid-autumn festival! Hope you guys have a blast :)

Gnite!

No comments:

Post a Comment