Saturday, September 24, 2011

Thoughts Thoughts

Surprisingly, many people wondered why I didn't go for the Pangkor trip

They're saying hey! Danny is the life of the party! A trip wouldn't be a trip without him!

I'm flattered :) but I think it's a little over exaggerated haha! Pai seh la!

Sure it'd be fun, but you know what

I didn't actually see a reason to go

Although it is slightly a little expensive, but the main reason is because there isn't a reason to go, at least for me.

Usually, you go on trips with people who you are really close to

But in this case, since I've left the council, even though I may know many of them, I chose not to go since the real point of the trip is so the members, the juniors can bond better with each other. That's the whole point.

I'm not a junior, there really isn't a reason for me to go. And spend rm200+. LOL.

People tell me I am overthinking it. No, I'm not, it's the truth. Why go for a trip if there isn't a reason to go?

Fun? I have fun anywhere I go :) It's all about perspective.

Danny Siah doesn't go where the fun is, the fun goes where Danny Siah is. Period.

You see, if it wasn't a council trip, maybe I would consider more about going.

But it is called, SC Island Trip for a reason!

Yes I know I am a senior member, but hey, it's time for the younger generation to have their fun :)

Man, if they really can't learn to have fun without me I'd SERIOUSLY be disappointed!

Having fun is really important, and you just need to go with the right company.

And look, what does a senior member do anyway? It's such a grey area. I haven't had to do anything ever since becoming a senior. Haha!!!! So what's the point really???

.
.
.

If people still cannot see my point as to why I didn't go for the trip, then you must rethink it all over an look at it from a wider perspective.

The last SC trip I went for a few months ago, I was still a member. So I did go. It applied to me. But being a 'senior member' feels like you're sort of retired.

Do you go for a company-trip if you're retired from the company?

From what I know the main purpose of such trips is to build bonds so that future projects can be more easily executed because everyone knows one another better.

But then you add in all this.. outside unrelated friends and then... Is it really a company trip anymore?

No, it isn't.

The people who were not in SC who came along with us during the last SC trip would actually feel left out. Unrelated to the cause and the organization which is the council!

So I think that the organizer may have missed the point of organizing a Student Council trip. Everything must be done with a purpose, a reason. Why go for a trip just to have fun? Why not have a more deeper purpose? If you wanna have fun I can introduce more cheaper alternatives, if you JUST wanna have fun. I'm serious.

My family is just making ends meet on our overall household income. So if I can save a little, I think I should.

.
.
.

And if SC really did organize it JUST to have fun, I would also be seriously disappointed. Everything must have some deeper meaning to it.

Otherwise you're just wasting time. I'm not saying fun isn't important, but fun isn't the only element you have to think about.

Yes, so that's my two cents on the reason why I feel it is a little pointless/inappropriate for me to go for the trip.

I believe strongly of my reasoning powers, and if anyone still doesn't understand, that is still alright.

You may have your own reasoning, and in fact you may be right as well, but it doesn't mean that I am wrong :) hehe

Well, just wanted to get that out in the open. Toodles! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment