Saturday, June 25, 2011

Depths of Perception

Finally! I started playing Dragon Age 2 =3

Even though it is the holidays I don't play as much games as I thought I would.

The gaming industry has improved so much and is expanding at a fast rate in most of the genres. You see tons of first person shooter games coming out, RPGs and all kinds of cool stuff :3

So pretty much my holiday is made up of planning for a college event, reading, and playing games!

Awesome? Haha! Okay la =3 I just need to change my habit of sleeping late.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Have you ever wondered about the concept of perception?

Let me give an example

Let's say you are a perfectionist in a world filled with only perfectionists

Then being a perfectionist would be the normal thing

Because everyone in general has perceived it to be normal.

The same goes, if everyone was happy and expressive, then being happy and expressive is normal

However, in our diverse world, being a perfectionist, or being extremely hyper are seen as being a little more than abnormal you could say.

But that's the beauty of it.

However, I realized we should not be too critical of others, because if we are, then they will be critical towards us as well.

Each of us has at least one attribute which is considered abnormal or strange.

So before you talk about someone else being too... crazy... too hyper... too perfectionist, we should look at ourselves and realize.

That's what makes us humans so special. If everyone was a perfectionist in a world of perfectionist then everyone would be sad because nothing is ever perfect

The same goes if everyone was a hyper crazy person in a world of hyper crazy people then everyone would not get anything done and just want to have fun

So understand that it is our diversity in human personalities that are supposed to compliment one another and make this world a better place

So please, do not judge others for the way they act. We need to accept it as part of being human. I just understood this, 20 minutes ago after seeing my friend's comment about me needing to 'tone' down

I realized that it does hurt a little, when people tell you 'you should not be like this' or 'you should not do that'. I think we should all just learn to accept one another.

It made me open my eyes too. I always judged perfectionists very harshly. I did not understand why they cannot just loosen up and don't take things so seriously.

But that is wrong. I should accept and understand them. Just like how I want people to accept and understand me.

Sometimes you sit down and realize... It is really easy to hurt someone without realizing it. Even though it is not your intention. I think we just have to be more perceptive about others, how they feel, and learn to see things from their point of view.

Also I would like to say that, sometimes I can be a self-centered kind of person. I enjoy the spotlight and the attention I receive. It's the truth. I won't lie about it. I'm just that kind of person.

At the same time, I also realize that I can accept criticism fairly well. Most of the time I would not feel hurt by people's remarks. Except this time it did hurt a little. But a little sting is good if it makes you realize things about the world.

Sometimes I can be really expressive, and type in HUGE CAPITAL LETTERS. That's just me. Full of energy when it counts. And usually with friends I am comfortable with I can spread a contagious kind of energy that gets everyone hyped up and crazy.

Strange how it happens. But I just enjoy seeing others laugh =) So I am grateful to have this ability.

And lastly I must also understand that, most of the time, people don't intend to hurt you with what they say. They just didn't realize it. So you shouldn't take it too personally, or too seriously. Otherwise you will be easily hurt most of the time.

That is why I am working on my self-esteem all the time. It is my shield. So that I will be able to stand up for what I believe in and not be gunned down too easily by people's remarks. If I am easily swayed by what people say then I can never be a good leader.

So that is why. I build a strong wall of self esteem.

It is different from a defensive wall.

The wall of self esteem makes use of the important ingredients. The first of those ingredients is love.

There are 9 more ingredients. But I understand that without love as the foundation, the wall of self-esteem will never be strong, even with the other 9 ingredients.

So that is why I learn to love. Now and forever. For me and everyone else.

I feel much better now! Men are always better at expressing themselves by writing things down instead of expressing themselves verbally.

Thanks, I feel like I can be more forgiving and accepting of people now.

It just seems like any bad experience that happens to me, I always can make something good out of it. I don't know why.

Must be my optimistic nature =)

Well have a good night folks! Thanks for reading ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment