Friday, October 21, 2011

Surprising... So surprising...


We're human. We make mistakes all the time.

Other people are human. Other people make mistakes all the time.

That is why it is our duty to learn how to accept our mistakes and apologize.

.
.
.

Did you know? Right now I could still be angry over what happened over 30 minutes ago.

But I'm not. I'm okay now. So quickly.

Even though what happened 30 minutes ago could have shook the very stability of my club.

Apologizing the proper way, is so important.

Most people can't do this.

.
.
.

The other person was right, I'm not the best president. Not yet, at least. I still don't treat everyone equally, even though I am trying.

I still get moody sometimes, even though I am trying not to be.

I still criticize, mostly inside my mind, about others, even though I am trying not to.

.
.
.

Just now I could have just criticized back about my friend's mistakes.

But I didn't. I held my anger in.

I apologized.

I knew that, no one is perfect, and my friend just pointed out to me my mistakes.

It doesn't matter whether the other person made any mistakes.

What matters is that we need to realize our mistakes first, before anyone else's.

If I made mistakes, then who am I to criticize another?

And just like that, the tension and the anger between my side and my friend's side... subsided...

Just one apology, had that affect.

The power....


.
.
.
.

On the other hand, what if I had lashed back?

What if I criticized my friend in return instead of apologizing?

I believe now I would still be in a heated argument, angry with myself and my friend.

I'm surprised at myself.

I apologized... even though I was ready to lash back... Why did I do that? How did I do that?

I don't know. Does it make me a better individual? If I'm willing to apologize for my mistakes?

Perhaps. It did make me feel better. It did make the tension subside. It probably would even improve future relations.

I'm a strange guy... Sometimes I don't understand myself either.

Still, I know many imperfections lie within me, most of it makes up who I am. That's what humans are, we're creations of powers from above filled with imperfection, and that in itself makes us beautiful, inside.

After all, we can only be ourselves, in the end.

I'm still sorry for all the trouble I caused for my friend.

I'm willing to apologize whenever it is required.

You apologize if you value a friendship and want it restored.

You don't apologize when you want to severe a friendship.

It's as simple as that.

Perhaps I'm really learning the essence of the bulwark of the ages. It is a shield that absorbs hate and returns kindness and love.

It's something very few people on earth possess. In comparison to the twin-edge sword most people hold in their hands.

Yes, it's so surprising.

I'm still really surprised.

I'll learn to be a better friend and a leader. It's a promise.

.
.

Good night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment