Friday, December 24, 2010

To my BFF

Ah! It's my 111th post! SO HAPPENS! HAHA!

GUESSSSS WHATTT~!!!! My best friend's birthday is Today~! It's going to end soon though~! I thought I would just dedicate a post to her =)

I have a BADDDDDD feeling by the time I finish typing this it'll be past 12am, but no matter! =D

HMMMMM~! Where do I start.... I can't remember... LOL!

She was the first to really consider me as a best friend. It didn't really matter whether it was serious or not. That's actually one of her good traits, she has the ability to win people over without much effort , with just her charms, really.

To be really honest, as a best friend she thought me a heck load of things. You have no idea. It's just simply crazy how much things has happened since I met her erm... 10 months ago? It's been a wild ride. I can't believe the last 10 months actually HAPPENED.

Life is really just unexpected. You never know what it throws at you.

Yeah, who knew life would throw a fat cat my way? HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!! *prays hard*

The best thing about this friendship here is that we can curse each other freely. AIN'T THAT AWESOME??!??!!?! And say what we want at any given point of time =) FREEDOM is so so sososososososos important! At least for me XD I can't stand having a best friend where I have to control what I say.

HAHA! Although I DO get hit often when I talk about pervy stuff. HELL I'LL SAY IT ANYWAYZ! BWAHAHA!

But I also understand that, in every friendship, misunderstandings happen, and sometimes there are certain things that you have to accept about your friend. No one is perfect. I started to learn so much more about friendship after getting to know her.

I didn't know it was possible to get close to people. I am a distant guy when it comes to friendship. I never really kept close friends. Never had any fixed group of friends. I was always all around. Who knew? But she's different, she has the ability to get close friends in short amounts of time. It's really shocking, to me at least.

I started to learn, more about people. Learning how to be a good friend is really important. I am sure I have made mistakes along the way of our friendship, but it is part of the process and journey of being friends.

You know, everyone is actually a good person. I want to believe that. And I know she is genuinely a good person too. Sometimes, even good people will hurt others, it is normal, even I hurt people too without knowing it. It's not that we want to hurt people. It's just that sometimes we just didn't know it would affect others so badly.

Most would think, heyyyyy, after being friends, that's it. All is good =) But nahhhh, since when is life so easy? Life is a test of how well you get to know your friends. The more you know someone, the more you see their true colour, and that's where the test of friendship begins. Everyone has two sides of them, at the very least. I am no exception.

It's easy to be nice to strangers. But it's hard to be nice to your best friend. Really. You want the best for them. And you can't always be nice if that is the case.

So I apologize for the times I've hurt you. I know that there were sometimes where you didn't say it, but it definitely happened. Till now I don't know, but I am sure there were such times.

I want you to know that due to circumstances, maybe we cannot hang out so often anymore. But still were BFF's till the end. I'll do my best to be a best friend.

Friendship teaches acceptance. It teaches forgiveness. It teaches trust. It teaches so much, and words cannot really express how much there is to learn from it.

She places friendship in a really high place. More than I do. That is something I need to learn from her.

She has so much potential.

You know I used to think, "my, she's such a kid".

But that IS HER! That's what she is like. That's her character. That's Lam Suk Ling!

That's what makes her HER! I didn't get it until now hahahaha!! Omg its so funnyyyy!

And I started to see that that's what's so special about her. Why in the WORLD am I trying to change her? It's so silly.

So what do you do as a best friend? Accept. That's right. You accept, your best friend, for what he or she is. And appreciate it. There is good in everyone.

That's what friendship is. It's good to correct each other, but its more important to show compassion, trust, and care.

And guess what!

I appreciate it! I appreciate it when she's not kind to me. I appreciate it when she curses me. I appreciate it when she's brutally honest to me.

Why? Because I'd rather not have a fake friendship.

I appreciate it that she is willing to be her real self. It's not easy to show your real self to someone. So that's why I appreciate it.

Very few people have gained my trust to such a level.

It's a bad trait I have.

I am stupidly loyal to those I trust.

And I am stupidly loyal to old things. My phone, my wallet, my silly awesome van XD

They are all old and worn out, but I still use them! It's so silly! I never want to change them! I don't understand it either.

Whatever pain that is going to come in this friendship, I'll take all of it.

It's the price to pay, and I am willing to go through with it.

I don't know what's going to happen.

But why does that matter? As long as you BELIEVE in the friendship. As long as there is TRUST. Then what else matters?

What is trust? In a friendship?

Trusting someone, to the extent where you still take them as a best friend, even WHEN they hurt you. It is going to happen.

You hurt the people closest to you without knowing it. It IS going to happen. That phase will happen. You have to be prepared for it.

My only FEAR, is that one day you'll be afraid of me! I don't ever want that to happen. I don't want you to be afraid of hurting me. I don't want you to be afraid of talking to me. I don't want you to be afraid. That's the worst thing that could happen.

I can accept whatever you throw at me. It's the truth. Because I am stupidly loyal. That's just so stupid I don't know how else to describe it XD

That's why I am not afraid to write this. If I was afraid you think I would dare to write such things? LOL! I might get taken advantage of man.

But I believe, so I'm not afraid =)

Thanks for being a friend =) I want this friendship to last a longgggggggggggg time. It's gonna be hard for sure. But hey, nothing great has ever been achieved without hardship =)

Most friends are there when times are happy and great.

But only real friends stay when things are terrible.

SO eat, pray and love life, HAPPY 19TH BIRTHDAY ~!!!! =)

I'd put ur pic but later got some random person stalk you or something HAHAX~! Merry Xmas =)

P.S. REPLY THE FB INBOX LA GOD DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!! XD

No comments:

Post a Comment