Monday, December 27, 2010

True Strength

I've been phased with a thought recently.

What is true strength?

Often times people think that 'strength' comes in the form of physical power.

But to be honest that is not where true strength comes from. Sure, being physically fit helps, but nothing beats the strength of the mind.

Now comes the question. Do you have 'true strength'?

A pretty good question, isn't it? We are beings of question. We should often question, and then find answers =)

If you ask me, I think that I do partially have true strength

I have yet to fully grasp it and master it. I don't know how partial is that strength, but I know it exists in me somewhere.

When did this true strength help me?

1) Enduro, I remember that my body was beyond its limits, climbing for 21 hours straight. I was only able to make it because of that factor
2) The sleepless nights where I had to constantly work on my assignments
3) The recent roller coaster of emotions I went through
4) The times where I just simply wanted to give up on life

And many more, which I cannot remember.

No matter how physically fit you are, it doesn't matter if you aren't mentally and spiritually fit.

I am unable to fully awaken it though. Only during certain situation can I harness its power. It's going to take me a few more years to master it fully.

Oh yes, one more situation where I can harness 'true strength'

5) When my second personality takes place

I realized lately that I have this ability to inspire people and think from a neutral point of view about this world. Looking from the outside in, not from the inside out like most people do.

I don't know if it's a natural talent, but I do know that it is something special about myself. And it cannot be seen physically. This trait of mine. You look at me and you wouldn't think I had it. That 'knowing' ability.

And yes, I cannot always use it. Only during certain situation can I do it. When I feel inspired by some external factor. Or when I listen to motivational speeches. Or sometimes it just happens naturally for no apparent reason.

All in all I don't have full control over it yet. I can't just do it, you know? The situation and environment has to be right.

It feels like

The combination of the mind, body and soul. I don't know how to explain it, but all 3 definitely play a role.

It's something higher, which I think can be practiced and learned. It is just that I somehow got a 'head start' in it compared to most people.

So if you ask me again, if I have true strength, than I would say, maybe, if this is what you call true strength.

Then perhaps I have it.

How important is this strength?

Very. I would say. It is so important to be able to think clearly from a natural point of view about this world.

It will help you in relationships, friendship, studies, career and everything else.

Nearly every aspect in life is influenced by true strength.

Can a normal person have it?

Yes, anyone can have this. In my opinion if I can have it then there is a possibility that others can have it too. How?

I can't give u a fool proof way, but I can tell you what I did, that helped me attain some of it.

1) I always reflect on my life. I always looked at things from a neural point of view. Mine, and the other person's. Compare and contrast. Then decide what's good for you.

2) Think. Use the mind. Exercise the mind. How? Talk to people, share ideas, think of your own viewpoints of the world. Share it with people. You are sure to grow if you do this. Do not be afraid to express your ideas. You will constrain your growth if you do not express yourself freely.

3) Learn. Keep an open mind. Be open to ideas. Don't push them away too soon. You might actually get some inspiration or idea from others. There must be a reason why the other person would think that way, right?

4) Positivity. This is really healthy for any individual. With great positivity you actually broaden your minds to large number of perspectives. Being negative would result in a lot of depression, hence making your mind focus more on your emotions rather than what's out there in the world. Very unhealthy, so be positive.

5) Release the de-limiter. What I mean here is, do not limit yourself. Often times we say things like "I can't do it". Say "how can I do it?" Think, we have a mind for that reason. Once you say I cant do it you are doing a lot of harm to your mind by NOT allowing it to think.



Well, you can see mostly what I focus on is the mind. True. I am very mind oriented in a lot of ways.

Emotionally and spiritually, you could say I might lack experience there. But when it comes to the mind I'm pretty sure of what to do and what not to do.

Though, I am still learning, I believe there is still a long journey ahead for me. And I cannot wait to learn more.

Hopefully I will learn more about spiritual teachings and emotions handling.

Then perhaps, my 'true strength' will be more complete. Now it's still weak, I cannot control it and use it at will. But in time, it will grow, with more experience, with more knowledge, with more thought power put into it, it will definitely grow

Then I can slowly start to motivate people, see the truth in people, and love them for what they are.

.
.
.
.
.

You know, I also had another thought lately. Couples.

They don't have to be 100% compatible. I've seen many couples in my life that have made a success out of their marriage. Despite not being even 50% compatible.

Why?

To me, I think it's because they put in effort in their relationship and marriage. They take time to fully understand each other, and learn more about another. And spend time with one another. Relationships take nurturing.

We still need to spend time with our spouse after marriage, not just in the early dating phase.

So if you want a relationship to be really successful, make sure it is during a time where you can 'afford' to spend time and money to nurture the relationship.

Otherwise it might just go to waste and affect both you and your spouse.

Now you wouldn't want that right? Of course everyone wants the best for each other.

So, you know you might even be 100% NOT compatible

But with a lot of effort, and a lot of acceptance I believe that it is possible. Although it is hard.

You might ask why would ppl be attracted to each other if they are 100% incompatible?

My answer, is that most of the time, it is lust.

Well, it doesnt take a lot to have lust. Just the right environment, right timing, and if you both are genuinely good looking, then lust is not a problem.

So usually lust has little to do with personality. I said little, not none =) But it's definitely easy for most people to generate lust with each other

So after lust comes the real test of love, usually. Where personality plays a more important role.

So the compatibility factor is just a small portion of the picture. Even if you are 100% compatible, but you cannot spend anytime with each other due to being too far away from each other OR too busy working OR simply just neglecting the relationship

It will 100% not work

But a couple who has 50% compatibility with each other, but they put in quality time to spend with each other, always go through problems with one another, support one another, and care for one another constantly.

I would say it has a much higher chance of working out. It just makes sense.

So yes, I just saw a quote on facebook, so I quote

'love is not finding the perfect person, its finding all the imperfections in the person perfect'

in other words

Acceptance, in my perspective that's what it is, in one word.

Practice it, you'll find it will do greatly in the relationship

so the 3 important elements in relationships are :-

1) Time
2) Sincerity/Honesty
3) Acceptance

There are other factors but of course if you got these 3 its pretty good.

But remember, there are things you can do to spice up the relationship. Well, I haven't been in a relationship so I can't say what those things are. If I do try it someday I'll definitely share it =)

Having True Strength in a relationship helps a great deal.

One would think it is easy to accept everything about your other half. But no, from experience I don't think it is easy to accept another individual.

So really, it's not about finding someone you can love, more like you are finding someone you can accept.

Does that make sense? Acceptance comes before love, in my opinion, not the other way around.

But lust comes before acceptance.

Hmmmmm

Sorry, I was just inspired =) hahaha, it's a bit hard to explain

I would like to meet more great couples and learn from them.

Well, naturally, if you follow people who fail in their lives your gonna end up like them.

And if you always follow people who succeed your bound to succeed. So be careful who you seek advice from

Chances are the advice they give is going to be based on their own experience. So, take care who you ask =)

But I'm eager to learn. I wish I can meet those kind of people and ask them.

What made their relationship work? There has to be some reason.

Join me as I indulge further into the world of understanding humans

I would like to type even more, but, my stomach is not feeling well ahha!!

Too much chocolate cake, maybe?

So that's all for now! toodles =)

No comments:

Post a Comment