Wednesday, February 9, 2011

It's my Big 2-0!!!


Oh mannnn!! I'm 20 years OLDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!

Not 20 years young! XD

Hahaha!! My, how time flies

Thank you to those who texted me and that one person who called me, I really APPRECIATE it and I'm TOUCHED! Even if you may never read this XD

It really means a lot to me. I start to understand how you know, meaningful a simple text or phone call can be. It makes you feel like someone still cares about you. (even if they dont HAHA)

And, for those who wished me on facebook, thank you! And sorry cuz I might not reply XD Still not returning to facebook yet. Perhaps one day I might reply. LOL!

So how did I spend my big 20 birthday?????? BY CLIMBINGGGGGG~!!!

Not such a big 20 huh? Actually you know it was quite okay climbing on my birthday

Everyone wants different things in life, I was quite satisfied climbing. Strange huh?

Compared to last year's birthday, I was.... Given a bikini and I wore the panties on my head! hahahaha! I still remember the video! It got like 20 likes on facebook! LMAO! This year, it's so different. More quiet, more climbing.

And guess what! It was sort of a treat, I did many routes today! Finished them. I felt pretty happy that I improved.

Even my friend told me I've gotten better at climbing.

Life is a cycle. Or so they say =)

Ah, yes! Something important happened today.

I was climbing with a friend, a guy named Ted.

We were talking....



me : I wanna get married in 5 years time

Ted : Wow, how old are you?

me : 20 today

Ted : Oh! Happy birthday! And wow, that's really young

me : Well yeah, but most people told me I should wait till 30 though

Ted : Nah its fine, don't listen to them

me : Yeah, everyone wants different things in life

Ted : Yeah, well I'm 38, and I'm still waiting.

me : Wow, that's like... twice my age

Ted : Mhm, I used to have a long relationship once or twice

me : Oh really? Tell me about it

Ted : I've been dating this girl for a really long time... about 4 and 1/2 years

me : mm

Ted : Everyone thought we were going to get married, but in the end...

me : yes?

Ted : We had too many differences. We started to re-evaluate our relationship

me : How so?

Ted : Like, we talked about what we wanted, how many kids, and you know, just view points about where the relationship was going

me : I see

Ted : When you are looking for someone it's not so much about the physcial attraction or anything like that. It's what's inside that's truly important. Sure, physical attraction helps, but hey, that's just a small part of the big picture

me : Wow...

Ted : So we decided to part ways, we felt that if we really forced the relationship to go on, then maybe one or both of us would end up unhappy. So to be fair to each other, we just let the relationship go.

me : That's a big decision

Ted : Yeah, so now it's just dating now on and off and stuff like that

me : mm... I hope you find someone for you man

Ted : Yeah! You too, NOW LET'S CLIMB!

.
.
.
.

That was quite.... an interesting talk

I heard first hand from someone who is 38 years old his experiences about relationships.

Now I start to understand more.

I mean, yeah, it makes sense, the inside totally counts more than what's outside. The feelings eventually fade anyway. It makes me start to think

It is not easy to find someone who can match your personality and also on the inside, have the same kind of goals and plans about marriage. There are many things to think about when it comes to finding a good partner

You gotta get to know that person on the inside, to who he or she really is. And not only does that take a while, sometimes you never know if fate brings your soulmate your way.

Him being 38 also means, maybe you might never find someone? The thought of it scares me a little.

Ted also told me that in his younger years, when he dated that girl, he said that he had dreams and ambition, and it made it hard for him to commit to a relationship as well

So, it also means that being in a real relationship is a serious commitment. Are you willing to make the sacrifices necessary to make the relationship work? It's not an easy path. Ask anyone who is married.

.
.
.

It also start to make me think. I have 5 years to go before I get married. It's not going to be easy at all

I just realized the gravity of my words

I want to get married in FIVE years. Five.

That's a huge ambition

How many 20 year olds can honestly say that?

Wow.... Wow... Now that I start to think seriously... It's a tough road ahead

But if you ask me "with all the odds stacked against you getting married by 25, do you still want to get married?"

YES.

It's not about am I able to get married

It's not about IF I will meet the right person

It's not about if I have enough money

It's about whether I will do WHAT IT TAKES to get married

It's about whether I BELIEVE I will meet the right person

It's about whether I equip myself with proper financial knowledge

And if I don't meet the right person I'll MAKE MYSELF THE RIGHT PERSON

Yes, I'll do what it takes.

Make the necessary sacrifices.

You think I can climb as often? When I get married? Chances are, unless I am financially free, no.

I do hope I can still climb. Maybe once or twice a week would be good. I'm willing to sacrifice it. Even though it's a hobby.

But getting married at 25 is my dream.

5 Years.....

And there are a lot more sacrificed to be made. But I understand why it is important to make those sacrifices. It's a commitment to the relationship. Either live with it or die with it.

It started to make me think... All those relationships that are going on now. Are they really serious? I mean. How many of them really think about marriage?

Really now... Without a goal the relationship simply isn't going to work. You have to talk openly about what you want out of a relationship

Otherwise, like Ted's case, you might start talking about those things AFTER your in a long relationship. And then find out you both might not be suitable for each other and then part ways.

What a waste of years of commitment. You could've been doing something more useful with that kind of time wasted.

.
.
.

The worst thing you can do is break a promise to yourself. I promised to do my best to be able to marry the first girlfriend I have. Yes, to have only one girlfriend.

To be mono-gamous.

Yeah, there too, is a small sacrifice. I can't date girls freely. And I don't mind, because I already promised myself. And men keep their promises.

At 20, I came to the realization that, getting married is serious business, and it's not going to be easy, but there is so much to gain, and I'm not going to let my problems get in the way of getting married.

.
.
.

One problem most people experience nowadays, especially during our teen years. We don't know when we want to get married

If I ask someone, maybe he or she would say.... 27 or 28. Or even 30 who knows?

but you see, it was just a Casual answer.

They didn't really treat it as a serious answer

It's more like "IF I can I'll get married by 27 or 28" rather than "I WILL get married by 27 or 28"

That's why I wonder IF they really will get married too, and have a succesful marriage.

Look. Let me tell you, you don't really want to get married.

Why? Because if you really DID want to get married by 27 or 28, then you would THINK ABOUT IT EVERY SINGLE DAY OF YOUR FRIGGING LIFE!

Yes. You are what you think about, most of the time. THINK ABOUT IT

I'm always thinking about climbing

Always thinking about getting married

Always thinking about changing the world.

Everyday. EVERY SINGLE DAY OF MY LIFE.

And you know how powerful the mind is? It will bring into reality what was fantasy in your mind.

That's why you need to believe

SURE, you might get married anyway, but let me tell you this, if it wasn't your goal then what's the point?

If it's not your goal, then it means that you married out of convenience. IT means that you might have trouble making the sacrifices necessary to make the marriage work.

You might not end up happy.

but if it was your goal, then you already know, the sacrifices necessary. You already know, that this is what you want.

You already understood fully what your partner is like before marrying them. And accepting their faults as well

To some, this might make sense, to others, it doesn't.

But to me it does, and bottom line is I'm getting married by 25.

Why? Why 25? Because I need to set a dateline. You don't say "okay I'll hand in my homework someday" or "I'll get married someday"

What? Man, that proves that your really not serious about what you want out of life.

.
.
.
.

Well! That's all for now folks! It was nice chatting withcha =)

Always a pleasure

Tata!!!! Oh, Just as a bonus I'll include a "Game of Love" by Michelle Branch and Santana




Fucking mad guitar skills by Santana

p.s. Michelle Branch = HAWT

.
.

Tell me just what you want me to be
One kiss and boom, you're the only one for me

So please tell me why
Don't you come around no more
'Cause right know I'm crying
Outside the door of your candy store

It just takes a little bit of this, a little bit of that
It started with a kiss, now we're up to bat
A little bit of laughs, a little bit of pain
I'm tellin' you, my babe, it's all in the game of love

This, whatever you make it to be
Sunshine will set on this cold lonely sea

So please baby, try
And use me for what I'm good for
It ain't sayin' goodbye
That's knockin' down the door of your candy store

It just takes a little bit of this, a little bit of that
It started with a kiss, now we're up to bat
A little bit of laughs, a little bit of pain
I'm tellin' you, my babe, it's all in the game of love
It's all in this game of love

You roll me, control me, console me, please hold me
You guide me, divide me into what

So please tell me
Why don't you come 'round no more
'Cause right now I'm dying
Outside the door of your lovin' store

It just takes a little bit of this, a little bit of that
It started with a kiss, now we're up to bat
A little bit of laughs, a little bit of pain
I'm tellin' you, my babe, it's all in the game of love

It's all in this game of love
It's all in the game of love
Let's play the game of love

Roll me, control me, please hold me

A little bit of laughs, a little bit of pains
A little bit of this, a little bit of that
A little bit of laughs, a little bit of pains

No comments:

Post a Comment