Sunday, November 14, 2010

My Mom's Dreams

This is the 100th POST OF THIS BLOG!!! And I am going to dedicate it to my mom, hence this post will be called, "My Mom's Dreams"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Got home a while ago

For 19 years, I lived in my house

And today I asked my mom

Me : Mom, do you have a dream?

Mom : Dream? You mean goals in life?

Me : Yeah, I'm sure you have them

Mom : My first dream when I was young was to get away from Sarawak, my hometown

Me : Oh? But what about now?

Mom : I wanted a good husband

Me : Mm...

Mom : And I wanted my children to be better than I am. If I can't speak english well I want my children to be able to speak english well. And I wanted you to finish learning guitar. Now you stopped halfway, you can't play anymore. I dream for my children to finish what they started.

Me : Yeah, I can't really play anymore

Mom : What about your mandarin? What happened? No one teach you anymore?

Me : Mm... No lah, I just lack the initiative to learn

Mom : Haha, I don't want to use the term lack of initiative, its LAZY.

Me : HAHA. Lack of initiative means lazy lor

Mom : You should get a mandarin speaking girlfriend so you'll learn it

Me : Uhuhhhh ...

Mom : My dream is for you to get an honours in your degree. Education always comes first. Business can come secondary.

Me : So my main focus should be studies la...

Mom : Yes. It is my dream. But I know this business is good, I don't stop you, but you must focus on what's more important first.

Me : Okay, I won't neglect my studies. I will manage somehow

Mom : Even all your club activities, it's not really as important as your studies. Once you get an honours you can do whatever you like, and if your business doesn't work out you can always fall back to your job.

Me : Mm...

Mom : And, you set such high goals for yourself

Me : How you know ?

Mom : I know la... You've been my son for 19 years

Me : Haha...

Mom : But imagine you work so hard to achieve those goals. And just because you speed on the highway, and you get an accident, all is gone. Just in the blink of a second. Is it really worth it? It doesn't make sense to work so hard and then lose it all just like that.

Me : *nods* I understand. I'll try not to drive so fast



.
.
.
.
.
.

My mom, her dreams are her children.

I didn't know she cared for me that much. And my bro too of course.

I know that if she ever lost me she would never be able to live with herself.

Sometimes I do feel that I'm pretty selfish, in a lot of ways, like for instance when I do drive fast. It's kinda selfish.

I didn't know that my mom's dreams were that

We kind of take it for granted. You know?

19 years, and I didn't know that all my mom wanted for her dreams, was for her children to live a succesful life

That was why she pushed me to study. That was why she always told me to seek her out for advice whenever I needed help. That was why she unconditionally loved me

Eventhough I'm not really a good son, in my opinion.

But today

My mom told me

She was actually really proud of me, though sometimes she is sarcastic with me.

Me : Why is it that you don't support me trying this business?

Mom : No, it's not that I don't support you, it's just that your priorities should be study. Don't neglect your studies.

Me : I won't. I just wanted you to believe in me at least

Mom : I do. I am actually really proud of you. You don't drink, smoke or gamble. Or do you?

Me : No, not at all

Mom : What more could I ask of a son? Except excelling in his studies?

Me : mm...

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

My mom isn't wrong, she does have a point. She knows I am not the best at balancing my time. Sometimes I'm too engrossed in something till I neglect other areas in my life.

But I have to presevere and make it through somehow

If I want it badly enough I'll definitely get it.

I wish to make my mom's dreams come true as well. It will happen. Because I just have to really really want it

The only reason a dream never comes true is because you don't want it badly enough

If you want it badly enough, you will do whatever it takes to get to your dreams.

If you have a dream that hasn't been accomplished. Chances are you never wanted it badly enough in the first place.

Think about it.

It's time for us to think, spend some time in the future instead of just having fun. I'm not saying don't have fun, have FUN, but have a plan for your future as well.

This is not my gain. It is everyone's gain. Learn, be open, persevere, you'll get to your dreams, I promise =) Thanks

Have a good night peeps ^^

P.s. Thanks mom for everything =)

No comments:

Post a Comment