Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Climbing 2 days KILLS

Oh shitttttttttttt

MY FINGERS HURTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

LOL! Mannnn, lately I've been pretty actively climbing. Like crazy

About 4 times a week.

That's ermh.... quite crazy huh? 4 days out of 7 I'm climbing at camp5.

Crazyyyyyyyy

I was thinking of increasing it to 5, but not yet, my fingers can't take it, YET

Need to strengthen them

And I'm trying to start learning one hand chin ups

YES, you can learn it.

I realized that I still can't do one hand chin ups cause I never worked on it, so now I'm trying really hard. It's gonna take a while, each month I should be able to go a bit higher

Right now I can only go 1/10 up when using one hand. That's a little pathetic lol haha!!!

But it's an improvement, last time I couldn't even move with one hand.

I.gotta.get.stronger.

I also realized my upper body is really building up

the PROBLEM with that is, climbing is not JUST about upper body strength

It requires flexibility (damn... I need to start stretching) cuz there are certain moves where you have to get your feet up REALLY high.

It requires stamina (for long distance climbing)

It requires accuracy and precision (for footholds, they're really small so you should practice using your toes a lot ) certain moves also require you to have good aim, sometimes you jump for pieces and sometimes you dead point.

And it requires core strength (your abs, they need to be developed so its easier to bring ur feet up, and its also easier to climb routes that are slanting)

And body tension! (it's a bit hard to explain, but lets just say you need this to keep your body on the wall otherwise your feet will fly out)

Powerrr~! (this is mostly attributed to upper body strength. Having power means that you can perform dynamic moves. Such as jumping or dead pointing to a not so nice hold, or a far away hold)

finger strength! (this is important cuz there are A LOT of rocks which are SERIOUSLY hard to hold if you don't have the finger strength)

And TECHNIQUEEEEE~! (this might be the most important of all, keeping your body in balance while climbing, and making sure you don't over-pump yourself while climbing. Getting good resting positions require good technique. Often times good technique helps reduce the power required to do a move, which allows you to last longer)

Oh yes!

The last element that a climber requires is really

Courage!

Yeahhhh, you need courage to face the heights and lead climb falls. Let's just say not many people are willing to go for a move they are not confident in finishing. Truth is you should still do it anyway eventhough you are going to fall.

.
.
.
.
.

SO YEAH! I just came back. It's crazyyyyyyy, I was SUPER hungry when climbing. I just had a kebab to alas perut around 5.30pm. But seriously super hungry. After fetching my niece back I went to mamak to eat. Couldn't tahan.

I eat A LOT. Did I mention I eat a lot? Yeah I do! Climbing on an empty stomach is NOT fun.

Anyhow! I sort of discovered I've made some progress. Was doing some old top rope routes. Did a lot better than I expected. Sure, I had some falls, but there was this one route I couldn't even START last time!

Now at least I can finish it (but I fell like 4 times I think before completing it)

point is! Now I'm sort of stronger. But I think technique wise I still need a LOT of work.

I climbed yesterday too. Climbing two days in a row really kills you ya know?

And especially when both days you have COLLEGE! LMAO!!

I started taking supplementation, so my body regenerates better now, which is why I can climb two days in a row, unlike previously.

Oh yea! I heard from my friend that once you reach a certain level in climbing, you can actually climb EVERYDAY cuz your body regenerates fast enough

But that's around 7C level if I'm not mistaken.

I'm about 6B+, I still got some ways to go. I'm near to 6C

But I still need to work a lot to get there, nearly is not good enough, I need to be a solid 6C climber.

Then going from 6C to 7A, breaking that limit is even tougher. It's not easy to become a 7A climber. You need a lot of hard work to do it. I know that the journey ahead is not easy at all. It's going to be especially tough. But so what! I'm just going to do it no matter what.

.
.
.
.

I realized it's a bit hard to balance my life now that I've been climbing so much. Everyday feels so..... busy.

Well usually cuz climbing takes 3-7 hours usually. Haha! Could be even longer if we took our time climbing.

Man, my eyes totally feel like closing.... I just had to write this out though. I'm serious about becoming a 7A climber.

Hmmmmmmmmm....

You know what? The introvert lifestyle is really not so bad as I thought.

Funny how your lifestyle changes sometimes. I do feel like I hang out less with friends, and focus more on doing my own thing. Like studies climbing etc etc.

It's really not so bad. Funny too, it's not as lonely as I thought. Maybe I'm too occupied to be lonely? HAHAHAHA!!

Well anyhow! That's all for now. Just waiting for my hair to dry before heading to bed.

It was a good day! I'll probably read manga while waiting for it to dry completelyyyyyy.

ADIOS~! =D

p.s. I think I'm climbing friday too! Man I'm such a climbing addict =D

No comments:

Post a Comment