Thursday, January 13, 2011

I'm BACKKKKKKKK~!!

Heya all! I've been MIA-ing for a while now aha! People have been wondering where I've been etc etc

Well, the last week was... pretty hectic for me..

OH YEA!! BEFORE I GO ON, CHECK OUT THE NEW BLOG TEMPLATE!

I made it myself! The ring is a series of layered pics!!

And the background I photoshopped!

I know it's a little girly, BUT HEY! What the heck right?

It was my website design project, a diamond shop, EXPLAINS A LOT HUH?!?!? HAHAHA!

A diamond is foreverrrrrrrrr~! (I got A- for it, hmmmm, I missed out sum functionalities, otherwise i would have gotten A, OH WELL!)

Oh yea, sorry if the page loads slow, you might have to refresh haha! Sometimes. Cuz I uploaded a custom font, so YEA! It should be cursive, unless your browser doesn't support the coding.

I'm done with 95% of the design

another 5% goes to.... One more last thing I wanna add to the blog. BUT THE CODE ISN'T WORKINGGGG!! WTFFFF??~?~?~~!!?!?!

I'm still looking it up. HOPEFULLY by the next post the 5% is ready! It'll make the blog even better!!!

Yeah, so this week, I had an assignment to pass up

Sunday night I slept 2hrs

Monday I went to college, got an extension, to tuesday

So monday night I did NOT sleep.

SOOOO!! 48 hrs with 2 hours of sleep. NOT BAD EH?

When I got back after handing it in, it was 4pm.

I slept TILL 8am the next day

16 HOURS OF SLEEP WTF?!?!?!?!

Today I had an exam. Argh, didn't do as well as I wanted to. But that's okay, I gotta move on, no time for regrets, just improve and do better next time.

Oh yea, that was the longest I ever slept in my life by the way HAHA!

My exam ended today, my new semester starst NEXT MONDAY WTF!??!?! Oh man.... Back to another hectic life

Climbing has been getting kinda fun lately, building up some good strength. I'll keep ya guys posted on my progress =)

I need to become stronger. In climbing, emotionaly, study-wise, everything. And I will become stronger. Every mistake is a mistake only if you don't learn from it.

Oh yea! I've been away from facebook for a week already.

I wonder what i've missed? Actually fb wastes a lot of time to be honest. Haha... I kinda found I had more time if I just didn't on my fb.

Final semester of year 2 begins next week. I gotta be prepared

I gotta be serious. This is important.

I want to make it, I want to be good. I want to be excellent. I want to make my parents proud.

It's the least I can do after they did so much for me. I always feel I'm still not a good son. Ahhhh, one day, when I can control my emotions better, i'll be a better son =)

.
.
.
.
.
.

Lately I've been thinking, the company, De beers, it is said they were the ones who made DIAMOND RINGS a compulsory accesory for guys when proposing to women.

They became rich by implementing that concept

And they also made sure that the guys paid at least 2-3x their paycheck

The power of the right kind of advertistment I tell you. They are filthy rich because of their clever advertistment.

Now practically EVERY marriage proposal requires a diamond ring.

Touche. Oh well! I wonder how much I'll pay when I buy a diamond ring for my future wife... Wow. Wonder if I can go and custom make one? LOLZ! Go to the mines and fine for diamond

Did you know diamond is used as polishing objects? like sand paper, except they are used for polishing metal tools and stuff like that

Other than that they are virtually WORTHLESS!

Except that they look pretty.

So just imagine how something that has no real use can be turned into a MUTLIMILLION DOLLAR company?

Ahhhh, the power of advertistment =)

Remember the Malboro guy? There were 3 of them. All of them died from lung cancer though. HAha! But everyone remembers the Malboro guy. He represented masculinity. And the adverstistment worked! Look at the amount of smokers man

All those guys wanna be MACHO like the Malboro guy. It's just all in the mind. Haha, how the media controls us, I tell ya.

Nike was the same, before they signed MICHAEL JORDAN up as one of their sponsored athletes, they were AN UNKNOWN brand!

But after AIR NIKE was launched, the number of shoes they sold... And Nike never looked back.

Genius I tell you. All in the power if the right kind of advertising.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

You know what? Were like that. We all advertise ourselves. Don't you agree? We are always portraying ourselves to others.

Advertising ourselves. So FIRST, we gotta think well about ourselves BEFORE we can advertise ourselves.

Think about it, if you wanna sell a toothbrush, can you SAY that the toothbrush is lousy, or is terrible, or it doesn't work?

NO! You have to believe it's incredible, it's the best toothbrush in the world, your teeth will stink without it.

You see, there ARE good guys around, just that they don't advertise themselves well enough. Usually because they are not so playful or sociable etc etc like those playboys.

Playboys are NUMBER ONE at advertising how good they are. So it's like a TERRIBLE toothbrush with good advertising

Beats good toothbrush with bad advertising.

SO! You want to be a good toothbrush WITH good advertising

No wonder girls always say all the good guys are either taken OR gay.

Well, to a certain extent they are right, but as I say, there are good guys if you look carefully =)

WELL!

WELL WELL WELL!

You might be wondering what's my take on GOOD advertising?

Hrm... I would say.

1) Be who you are

-Well! That's certainly nothing new. BUT most of us fail at this. We tend to over advertise ourselves. Some of us guys use pick up lines, or we try to be macho, when we are really just none of that. A simple Hi usually works. Most of the time. But for some reason most of us go OUT OF OUR WAY to impress girls. Nahhhh, just be yourself, really. And it's a skill most of us should master. Don't you hate over-exaggerated adverts?

2) Don't be afraid

- Well now, it's CERTAINLY nothing new again. Let's see. Say you wanna sell the toothbrush. BUT if you are afraid to even APPROACH the person to sell the toothbrush, HOW WOULD YOU MAKE THE SALE?!?!?!? No matter how GOOD the toothbrush is, it simply won't sell because you DONT MAKE THE APPROACH! It's fear, it's a very normal part of human beings.

- Another part about fear is, fear to expose our weaknesses. As I said, number 1, be YOURSELF. People have to accept you for who you are. Of course if your working its different, but outside work, you just gotta be who you are. So hey, I don't ever hide the fact that I'm horny. Hell, I'm proud to admit it. And to hell to those who don't like it =) It's not like they're paying me to NOT be horny.

3) Quality Control

- No matter how good your advertising is, people ALWAYSSSSSSSS find out about who you really are in the end. UNLESS your a playboy who just wants one night stands, then you have to have quality control in yourself. You have to be good.

- The term GOOD does not mean an HONOURS student, or you own a BIG house, or you have a nice car. No no no, What I mean by GOOD, is what's SPECIAL about you?? What makes you GOOD? WHAT makes you BETTER than others? What's that special trait in you? That's what's gonna make you stand out from the others. No one is perfect, and we ALL have differences. And so we have to make use of that. Stand out. Shine. Be someone.

4) KNOW your worth

- Okay, this is really really really really really really reallyyyyyyyy important. What I mean by KNOW your worth is,

You gotta understand how valuable you really are. Come on, no one is going to respect someone who has low self-esteem. Let's give an example. You might be worth RM1000 (just an example). But others might say your only RM100. People label you everyday. You know you are more valuable than that. Believe it. Don't let others think any lower of you. They can say what they want, but your self-esteem is there to protect you. That's why self-esteem is so important.

-I realized that people with low self-esteem tend to have BIG relationship problems. Well, not that I'm saying people who have high self-esteem have NO relationship problems. It's just that when you have low self-esteem, you tend to

a) do everything for the person you like (to gain their acceptance because you feel you are not worth enough in the other person's eye)
b) feel lonely very frequently
c) always feel emotionally unstable

I've seen a few examples, but these are just a few. That's why building your self-esteem is so damn important. I cannot STRESS how important that is.

5) Produce what you advertise

-Have you EVER felt unsatisfied when what you ordered was NOT what you expected it to be?
Yeah, I bet everyone has. It can be clothes, food, whatever. BUT GUESS WHATTT, that's life. But a rule of thumb is to produce what you advertise yourself to be. If you say your going to be that, DO IT, if you say you'll treat your girl right, DO IT! Nothing is worse than empty words

-To be honest I'm still working on this too, I don't always follow through on what I say, it's a reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy bad habit that I need to kick. Big time.

6) Understand what YOU want

-Okay, how is this important? Let me explain. NOTHING is more important than KNOWING what you want out of life. WHY are you alive? Can you CLEARLY and CONFIDENTLY answer me right now what is your PURPOSE in this world?

-Not many can give me a REAL solid ANSWER. Sure they can give me a normal answer, but what I want is a DREAM. A GOAL. Something that they would rather DIE than NOT ACHIEVE.

-Trust me when I say most of us have no clear direction in life. Lately I started to understand what I want to do in life more and more. And someday it'll be crystal clear to me. My goal was really vague at first, which was to change the world. But now that goal is evolving. As I go through life I start to understand even more about what I want.

-So know what you want. It applies in everything. Studies, personal life, relationships, money, WHATEVER. Know what you want, then work for it. You don't work for nothing now do you? haha, most of us do that without realizing it. Sure, you work to survive. BUT were not here to survive, were here to strive and head to success. And it takes more than JUST surviving.

7) Understand the market you are in

-Hey, this is some business talk now eh? haha! Well, maybe, maybe not, but that's not important. What is important is to UNDERSTAND the market you are in.

-Let's say, a good guy, he would NOT do well in the 'teenage age' but he would be WELL SOUGHT AFTER around the adulthood age (25+?) that's where women start to look for men who they can really settle down with. So you MAY be a good guy now but girls aren't necessarily looking for you RIGHT NOW. During the teenage years girls are more looking for fun. And I've seen it so many times, even though a lot of girls claim to want something serious, actually they don't really know what they want. It's normal.

-In my college, the market is pretty limited when it comes to guys. hahahaha! It's true. But things are hm... pretty quiet. I would say. Nothing much going on. It's a really slow market. The rate of people getting together and breaking up are ....... much less than other colleges.

-so if you understand your market, you already know that you won't be sought after, so you can EITHER just concentrate on other areas in your life OR do something about it. The point is, you know.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Hmmm, I could think of a few more, but I think that's enough for now! Hope you guys enjoyed my comeback post? HAHA! Hmmmmm, I wonder how my sem 2 is gonna be. It sure feels different now. This year. The aura has changed.

Times have changed. And times will change again. I wonder what's going to happen? I can't wait to find out. But I'm nervous too. SO UNTIL NEXT TIME!!!!


p.s. if you guys feel the page is too laggy when it loads just lemme know, i'll remove the custom fonts XD hey, customers are always right! Or are they? HAHA! Ciaoz peeps =D

No comments:

Post a Comment