Monday, January 31, 2011

Light and Darkness

This truly is a special phase in my life.

Since when was I ever the person to seclude myself in my home and not go out? Life sure has changed.

I still do, just to climb, not much else.

But I am also grateful for this phase, it has given much time to think. Though I start to feel that I need to go out more or my eyes will burn from staring at the comp whole day.

What else do we do when we are home? Haha!

It has come to my attention

Have you ever asked yourself

Are you light or darkness?

I've started to think lately

Perhaps I am light.

Not 100% light. I would say 80% light, 20% darkness.

No one is fully light and no one is fully dark.

Wait wait wait

I'm guessing that you might think... "dark is bad"

You misunderstand, I'm talking about personalities here

So dark does not necessarily mean bad.

Dark simply means that you have a pessimistic view on life. Always taking the worst into account. Being skeptical about many things. Being realistic.

Light on the other hand means always looking at the brighter side of life. Being optimistic. Believing. Being happy. Being imaginative.

Most people would think that being 'dark' means you are a 'bad' person. And being 'light' means you are a 'good' person.

Not at all. Anyone can be bad. And anyone can be good. It's a matter of choice, whether or not you are light or dark.

Yes, you can do good with a dark personality, and you can do bad with a light personality. It's no real surprise. Just look around and you'll understand.

Life is about balance, good cannot exist without evil, and light cannot exist without darkness.

So who says having a dark personality is bad? Having a TOO dark personality might be bad, but otherwise not really. I think that it's good that this balance exists.

As I was saying, yeah, I think I belong more to the light side. Though a part of me still holds a great kind of darkness within

I don't really understand it yet. But as I grow older I think I'll start to understand what that darkness in me is all about, and tend to it.

It's hard to understand yourself sometimes. It takes time and exposure to all kinds of elements to really understand who you are. That is a real art in itself. Then only can you bring out the best in yourself.

As I mentioned, both light and darkness exist together in balance.

Both of them have good and bad traits.

Light should learn from darkness and darkness should learn from light.

Why else do you think we are all born differently? So we can learn each others strengths and help each other overcome our weaknesses.

You can learn something from your dark friend. And your dark friend can learn something from you if you have a light personality. Isn't that great???

People who really succeed are really just people who can get along with a lot of people and learn from them. People who tend to seclude themselves from others don't really have enough exposure to improve themselves.

Am I talking about myself now? Haha! Hell yeahhhhhh, but I still think I need to be away for a while. Will be a while before I come back.

Yes, it feels like a sort of dark period for me. It might be kind of good. For a change. Who knows what will happen? That's the most exciting thing.

And I've been sort of liking more love songs nowadays. Strange. I don't remember liking them so much. Hmmmmmmmmm.

What a weird phenomena? Nah, I don't think I'm in love. But I just sort of started liking them more.

One of the traits of a dark person is their ability to be more sensitive to emotions compared to light people. I am usually not so sensitive to those kinds of emotions. But lately..... perhaps I've changed a little.

Saw a few Japanese children that day, ahhh, so adorable. Oh man am I becoming a pedophile?

When girls say it it's fine, but when a guy says it its just.... creepy.

Hm. Next Wednesday. The day is nearing!

I need to go somewhere important that day. Well, it's just something important I have to do and I decided to do it on that day.

Wow, the first month of the year is gone. 11 months left. So quick? Unbelievable....

So anyhow, are you light or dark? Positive or negative? Optimistic or pessimistic? Imaginative or realistic?

There is still a lot more depth into both light and dark, as I have recently understood.

What is a good balance? 50% light 50% dark?

I'm not sure either. But whatever it is, we have to be happy with ourselves no matter what the percentage we have.

Perhaps when I learn more I shall write about it.

But for now, happy chinese new year!

Have a blast, hope you guys get many ang pau~!

Unfortunately for me, every chinese new year seems to get a bit more dull.

When I was young I was much happier haha! Ahhhh, those young days... I was bombing ant hills with fire crackers. So fun. Now that were older it's kind of less fun already.

Nevertheless! There are still loads of things to look forward to in life. No matter. Though childhood time really was free of worries. But well growing up is a part of life. And it should happen naturally and we should have fun doing it =)

.
.
.

Oh, it looks like I might not be going back. Johor is flooded, my mom just told me a few seconds ago.

WELL! Not that it really makes much of a difference to me.

WAIT! No more ang pau???? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo!!!

Can they send the ang pau to me by mail ? XDDDDD ahahaha!

Ahhh, it's allright, that's all for now peeps~ =)

p.s. We'll talk more about this next time =)

No comments:

Post a Comment